Dr. Cupid holds a PhD in mass communication and media studies and a MA in human communication from Howard University and a BA in English from Boston University. In addition, she has studied communication, race, and culture at the University of São Paulo in Brazil and University of Havana in Cuba. (Dissertation, "Multiculturalism in the Public Relations Agency: An Exploratory Study of the Experiences of Afro-Brazilians as Public Relations Practitioners" awarded distinction). Dr. Cupid has taught public relations, digital media, advertising, and mass communication courses. She served as a public relations and digital media professional, with expertise in research and strategy, in New York City and Washington, DC for several years. Her primary research areas are in international and multicultural public relations as well as digital media.
- PhD in Mass Communication and Media Studies
- Honors: Edward A. Bouchet Graduate Honor Society; Inez Kaiser Award, 2008, Howard University
- Black Consciousness and Multicultural Diversity in a Brazilian Public Relations Agency
- Digital Media
- International Public Relations
- Multicultural Public Relations