Cooker Perkins Storm
Associate Professor of Sports Medicine
Natural Science Division, Seaver College
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Disease Prevention Research, School of Medicine, Stanford University, 2006
- Certificate in Epidemiology, Michigan State University, 2004
- PhD, Exercise Physiology, Michigan State University, 2004
- BS, Kinesiology, Michigan State University, 2000
- Oddo B. and Storm C. (2019). Arterial distribution of the aortic arch: an examination of the evolutionary, ontogenetic, and physiological basis for asymmetry. Seaver College Undergraduate Research and Scholarly Achievement Symposium. Malibu, CA.
- Storm C. (2017) Chapter 7: Exercise Prescription for Healthy Populations with Special Considerations: Pregnancy, in ACSM's Guidelines for Exercise Testing and Prescription (10th Ed). New York, NY: Lippincott Williams & Wilkins.
- Perkins, C.D. and Dewalt, H. (2011). CrossFit Training during pregnancy and motherhood: A new scientific frontier. CrossFit Journal, 1-9.
- Perkins, C.D., Dunn, S., Gallington, K., Carlson, K., Uhrinak, A. (2011). Gestational weight gain relative to Institute of Medicine Recommendations in Hispanic women. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 43(5), 794.
- Perkins, C.C.D., Pivarnik, J.M., Paneth, N., and Stein, A.D. (2007) Physical activity and fetal growth during pregnancy. Obstetrics & Gynecology, 109(1), 81-87.
- Urizar, G., Goldberg, J., Perkins, C., Lee, R., Durkin, L., Kiernan, M. (2006). Short bout use among overweight/obese adults: The Stanford Healthy Weight Project. Society of Behavioral Medicine; 27th Annual Meeting. San Francisco, CA.
- Perkins, C.D., Pivarnik, J.M., Reeves, M.J., Feltz, D.L., and Womack C.J. (2005). Maternal physical activity and birth weight: A meta-analysis. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 37(5), S177.
- Perkins, C.D., Pivarnik, J.M., Stein, A.D., and Rivera, J.M. (2004). Recommended weight gain, maternal physical activity and fetal growth. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 36(5), S41.
- Pivarnik, J.M., Marshall, J.F., Perkins, C.D., Bauer, P.W., Coe, D.P., and Stover, E.A. (2004). Preeclampsia and Plasma Volume Dynamics. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 36(5), S296.
- Perkins, C.D., Green, M., and Pivarnik, J.M. (2004). Reliability and validity of the SensorMedics VmaxST portable metabolic analyzer. Journal of Physical Activity and Health, 1(4).
- Pivarnik, J.M., Perkins, C.D., and Moyerbrailean, T. (2003). Athletes and Pregnancy. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, 46(2), 1-12. [Book Chapter]
- Perkins, C.D., and Pivarnik, J.M. (2003) Physiological profiles and performance predictors of a women's NCAA Rowing Team. Journal of Strength and Conditioning Research, 17(1), 173-176.
- Perkins, C.D., Pivarnik, J.M., Rivera, J.M., and Stein, A.D. (2003). Maternal physical activity and birth weight. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 35, S5.
- Perkins, C.D., and Pivarnik, J.M. (2002). Reliability and Validity of the SensorMedics VmaxST Portable Metabolic Analyzer. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 34, S4.
- Perkins, C.D., and Pivarnik, J.M. (2001) Physiological Profiles and Performance Predictors of a Women's NCAA Rowing Team. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 33, S248.
- Perkins, C.D., Allor, K.M., Pivarnik, J.M., and Sam, L.J. (2000). Treadmill Economy in Girls and Women Matched for Height and Weight. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 32, S71.
- Allor, K.M, Pivarnik, J.M, Sam, L.J, and Perkins, C.D. (2000). Treadmill economy in girls and women matched for height and weight. Journal of Applied Physiology, 89, 512-516.
- Dissertation: Maternal physical activity and birth weight: a meta-analysis [microform]. Cooker Candace D. Perkins. Michigan State University, 2004.
- Howard A. White teaching award
- Fellow in Natural Science, Seaver College, Pepperdine University, 2007-2010
- Associate Editor, BioMed Central, 2010-present
- Outstanding Postdoctoral Fellow, Prevention Research Center, Richard B. Terry Memorial Award, School of Medicine, Stanford University, 2006
- Excellence in Teaching, Michigan State University, University-wide citation, 2004
- CF Grant Award: Research in Maternal and Child Health, CrossFit, Inc. 2013-2014
- Hughes Grant Award: Physiological Profiles of Elite CrossFit Athletes, 2012-2013
- Wood-Claeyssens Foundation: Health Behaviors in Latin-American Women in the Perinatal Period, 2009-2010
- The Norris Foundation: Physiology of Exercise Laboratory, 2007-2008
- NIH T32 Training Grant: Postdoctoral Fellowship, Prevention Research Center, School of Medicine, Stanford University, 2004-2006
- Maternal and child health: health behaviors, epidemiology, physiology, epigenetics
- Preventive medicine
- Scientific reasoning and research methods
- Human Anatomy
- Research Methods