Bennett E. Postlethwaite
Associate Professor of Organizational Behavior and Management
Business Administration Division, Seaver College
- PhD, Business Administration, University of Iowa, 2011
- MSc., Health Management, Imperial College London (University of London), 2003
- BA, Religion, Pepperdine University, 1996
- Postlethwaite, B., Giluk, T.L. (2015). Big Five personality and academic dishonesty: A meta-analytic review. Personality and Individual Differences, 72, 59-67.
- Courtright, S.H., McCormick, B.W., Postlethwaite, B., Reeves, C.J., Mount, M.K. (2013). A meta-analysis of sex differences in physical ability: Revised estimates and strategies for reducing differences in selection contexts. Journal of Applied Psychology, 98.
- Bradley, B.H., Postlethwaite, B., Brown, K.G. (2013). Ready to rumble: How team personality composition and task conflict interact to improve performance. Journal of Applied Psychology, 98 385-392.
- Oh, I.S., Postlethwaite, B., Schmidt, F.L. (2013). Rethinking the validity of interviews for employment decision making: Implications of recent developments in meta-analysis (pp. 297-329). Charlotte, NC: Information Age Publishing.
- Bradley, B.H., Banford, C.G., Postlethwaite, B. (2013). Team players and collective performance: How agreeableness affects team performance over time. Small Group Research, 44680-711.
- Shaffer, J.A., Postlethwaite, B. (2013). The validity of conscientiousness for predicting job performance: A meta-analytic test of two hypotheses. International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 21 183-199.
- Shaffer, J., & Postlethwaite, B. E. (in press). A matter of context: A meta-analytic investigation of the relative validity of contextualized and noncontextualized personality measures. Personnel Psychology.
- Postlethwaite, B. E., Giluk, T. L., & Schmidt, F. L. (2012). I-O psychologists and intelligence research: Active, aware, and applied. Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Perspectives on Science and Practice, 5, 190-192.
- Bradley, B. H., Postlethwaite, B. E., Klotz, A. C., & Brown, K. G. (2012). Reaping the benefits of task conflict in teams: The critical role of team psychological safety climate. Journal of Applied Psychology, 97, 151-158.
- Postlethwaite, B., Robbins, S., Rickerson, J., & McKinniss, T. (2009). The moderation of conscientiousness by cognitive ability when predicting workplace safety behavior. Personality and Individual Differences, 47, 711-716.
- Casillas, A., Robbins, S., McKinniss, T., Postlethwaite, B., & Oh, I. (2009). Using integrity testing to predict safety behaviors: A test validation study. International Journal of Selection and Assessment, 17, 119-125.
- Obermann Graduate Fellow, University of Iowa, 2008
- Imperial College Business School Prize for Best Research Project in Health Management, 2003
- Salutatorian, Seaver College, 1996
- Academy of Management
- Society for Industrial and Organizational Psychology
- Nationally Registered Paramedic
- Ethical behavior
- Group dynamics & team processes
- Individual differences
- Personnel selection
- Research synthesis, measurement & methods
- Organizational Behavior
- Human Resources Management