Humanities & Teacher Education
Meet the Faculty
Assistant Professor of English
Director of First-Year English Program
Division: Humanities/Teacher Education Division
Office: Cultural Arts Center (CAC) 108
- Ph.D., English and Education, University of Michigan, 2009
- M.F.A., Creative Writing, University of Pittsburgh, 2003
- B.A., English, Indiana University, 2000
- Modern Language Association
- Conference on College Composition and Communication
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Composition and Rhetoric
- Creative Writing
- Language and Gender
- Religion and Higher Education
- "Rethinking Christianity: Problematizing the Language We Use to Argue about Faith." Conference on College Composition and Communication, 2010.
- "A Review of Discourse Analysis in Literacy Research: Equitable Access." Reading Research Quarterly 45.1 (2010).
- "When God's Word Isn't Good Enough: Addressing the Tensions between Academic Norms and Christian Discourses in the Composition Classroom." Conference on College Composition and Communication, 2009.
- "'Are You There, God? It's Me, a Writing Student': Religious Identity in the Writing Classroom." Conference on College Composition and Communication, 2008.
- "Locating Authority: A Cross-Disciplinary Conversation on Feminist Pedagogy." National Women's Studies Association Conference, 2006.
- "Making Authority Visible: Re-Centering the Student in the Composition Classroom." Conference on College Composition and Communication, 2006.
- "Discussing Bodies Within and Beyond the Classroom: How Writers Negotiate Issues of Audience, Purpose, and Identity." Michigan Academy of Sciences, Arts & Letters Conference, 2006.
- "Bursting the Classroom Bubble: Teaching for Change in the 'Real' World." Eighth Annual Women's Conference, University of Pittsburgh, 2003.