Meet the Faculty
Michael R. Summers
Professor of Management Science
Division: Business Administration Division
Office: Center for Communication and Business (CCB) 313
Phone: (310) 506-4536
Fax: (310) 506-4696
- Ph.D., University of Illinois, 1978
- M.B.A., University of Illinois, 1970
- B.S., University of Illinois, 1969, Highest Honors
- Operations Management
- Quantitative Analysis
- Member, Decision Sciences Institute (DSI)
- Reviewer for Applied Business and Entrepreneurship Association International (ABEAI)
- Applications of quantitative methods to sports and other areas
- Writing and presenting case studies in operations management
- Summers, Michael R. "Clay vs Grass: A Statistical Comparison of the French Open and Wimbledon," American Journal of Economics and Business Administration, 3(2), 2011.
- Summers, Michael R. "Beating the Book: Are There Patterns in NFL Betting Lines?" UNLV Gaming Research and Review Journal, Vol. 12, Issues 1 and 2, 2008.
- Summers, Michael R. "X. Benedict Community Medical Center," Proceedings, DSI Western Regional Conference, 2007.
- Summers, Michael R. "Clayboy Pottery Company," Proceedings, ABEAI International Conference, 2006.
- Summers, Michael R. "Are There Patterns in NFL Over-Under Betting Lines?" Proceedings, DSI Western Regional Conference, 2006.
- Summers, Michael R. "Mrs. Burford's Taj Mahal Bathroom," Proceedings, ABEAI International Conference, 2004.
- Textbook: Summers, Michael R. Analyzing Operations in Business. Westport, CT: Greenwood Publishing Group, 1998.
- Dissertation: "A Goal Programming Model for National Energy Policy"