3/2 Engineering Program
in Natural Science
Our 3/2 Engineering Programs offers students a foundation for a career in engineering. Students have the opportunity to obtain a BA degree in Natural Science from Pepperdine and a BS degree in engineering from another institution in five years.
Pepperdine's three-year BA curriculum covers the material required for admission to engineering programs at either Washington University School of Engineering or the University of Southern California School of Engineering where students then complete a BS degree after two additional years. Students gain experience for several engineering tracks including chemical, mechanical, electrical, and civil.
Bachelor of Arts in Natural Science
The B.A. in natural science is designed for students who wish to participate in the dual-degree 3/2 Engineering Program. During the first three years at Seaver, students select a track or area of emphasis:
- Chemical Engineering Track
- Computer Engineering Track
- Mechanical, Electrical, or Civil Engineering Track
Our 3/2 Engineering Program is designed to:
- Provide the student with mathematics, chemistry, physics, and computer science courses which serve as the basis for engineering.
- Provide the student with counseling and advice in building an engineering career.
- Prepare the student with liberal arts skills and abilities that enhance communication, ethical decision-making, and problem solving.