in Natural Science
Our 3/2 engineering degrees offer students a foundation for a career in engineering. Engineering majors have the opportunity to obtain a bachelor of arts degree in natural science from Pepperdine and a bachelor of science degree in engineering from another institution in five years.
Pepperdine's three-year bachelor of arts curriculum covers the material required for admission to engineering programs at either Washington University School of Engineering or University of Southern California School of Engineering where students then complete a bachelor of science degree after two additional years. Students gain experience for several engineering tracks including chemical, mechanical, electrical, and civil.
Natural Science Degree
The bachelor of arts degree in natural science is designed for students who wish to participate in the dual-degree 3/2 engineering program.
During the first three years at Seaver College, students select a track or area of emphasis:
- Chemical engineering track
- Computer engineering track
- Mechanical, electrical, or civil engineering track
Our 3/2 engineering program is designed to:
- Provide mathematics, chemistry, physics, and computer science courses that serve as the basis for engineering
- Provide counseling and advice in building an engineering career
- Prepare the liberal arts skills and abilities that enhance communication, ethical decision-making, and problem-solving