Meet the Faculty
Professor of Mathematics
Division: Natural Science Division
Office: Rockwell Academic Center (RAC) 118
Phone: (310) 506-7796
- Ph.D. in Mathematics, University of Minnesota, 1998
- M.S. in Mathematics, University of Minnesota, 1997
- B.S. in Mathematics and Biological Sciences, Stanford University, 1993, Graduated with Distinction
- The Nature of Mathematics
- Calculus I, II and III
- Transition to Abstract Mathematics
- Algebraic Structures
- Mathematics for Secondary Education
- Associate Director, Budapest Semesters in Mathematics program
- Co-director, Pacific Coast Undergraduate Mathematics Conference
- Howard A. White Award for Teaching Excellence, Seaver College, 2005-2006
- Math Department Graduate Professor of the Year, Colorado State University, 2001-2002
- MAA Project NExT Fellow, 2000-2001
- Member: Mathematical Association of America, American Mathematical Society, Association for Women in Mathematics
- Conceptual understanding versus skill development in Calculus 1 courses
- Effects of parental attitudes on 8th grade algebra students' achievement
- Fibonacci Tableaux
- Generalized Stirling Numbers
- Math Education
- q-Catalan Polynomials and q,t-Catalan Polynomials
- Ph.D. Dissertation: "Recursions for the q-Kostka Polynomials", University of Minnesota Digital Dissertation Archives, 1998.
- A Combinatorial Proof of a Recursion for the q-Kostka Polynomials, Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, 92, (2000), pg. 29-53.
- An Area-to-Inv Bijection between Dyck Paths and 312-Avoiding Permutations, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 8, (2001), no. 1. Paper 40, 16pp. Joint paper with J. Bandlow.
- A Weight-Preserving Bijection between Schroder Paths and Pattern-Avoiding Schroder Permutation, Annals of Combinatorics, 6, (2002), pp. 235-248. Joint paper with J. Bandlow and E. Egge.
- The Effects of Concept-based Instruction on the Conceptual Understanding and Skill Development of Calculus Students, PRIMUS, March 2003, Volume XIII, No. 1, pp. 17-37. Joint paper with K. Chappell.
- A Schroder Generalization of Haglund's Statistic on Catalan Paths, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 10, (2003), no. 1. Paper R16, 21pp. Joint work with E. Egge, J. Haglund and D. Kremer.
- Evacuation and a Geometric Construction for Fibonacci Tableaux, Journal of Combinatorial Theory, Series A, 110 (2005) 337-351.
- A Relationship Between the Major Index For Tableaux and the Charge Statistic For Permutations, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 12 (2005), no.1 Paper 45.
- Truck Drivers, a Straw, and Sharing a Glass of Water, College Math Journal, Vol. 37, No.2, March 2006. Joint paper with K. Iga
- Domino Fibonacci Tableaux, Electronic Journal of Combinatorics, 13 (1) (2006), Paper 45. Joint paper with N. Cameron.
- Combinatorial Proofs of Bivariate Generating Functions on Coxeter Groups, International Journal of Algebra 1 (2007), no.9-12, 405-419. Joint paper with K. Garrett.
- Multi-ordered Posets, Integers 7 (2007), A6, 14pp. (Note: Publication with an undergraduate student, Lisa Bishop.)
- k-Ribbon Fibonacci Tableaux, Discrete Mathematics, Volume 309, Issue 4, (6 March 2009), 721-740. Joint paper with N. Cameron.
- Some Statistics for Fibonacci Tableaux, European Journal of Combinatorics, 30 (2009), 929-933.