Meet the Faculty
Associate Professor of Sports Medicine
Division: Natural Science Division
Office: Rockwell Academic Center (RAC) 196
Phone: (310) 506-7124
- Postdoctoral Fellow, Disease Prevention Research, School of Medicine, Stanford University, 2006
- Certificate in Epidemiology, Michigan State University, 2004
- Ph.D., Exercise Physiology, Michigan State University, 2004
- B.S., Kinesiology, Michigan State University, 2000
- Functional Kinesiology
- Neuromuscular Adaptations to Training
- American College of Sports Medicine
- Richard B. Terry Memorial Award: Outstanding postdoctoral fellow and promise as junior researcher, Stanford University, 2006
- National Institute of Health (2004-6): Training grant recipient, Principal Investigator: Steven Fortmann, M.D. 5 T32 HL07034-29
- Evidence-Based Medicine & Public Health
- Maternal and Child Health: - Maternal-fetal health disparities - Perinatal Epidemiology
- Physical Activity Epidemiology
- Perkins, C.D., Pivarnik, J.M., Paneth, N., Stein, A. Physical Activity and Fetal Growth During Pregnancy (Accepted for publication in Obstetrics & Gynecology, September 2006).
- Perkins, C.D., and Pivarnik, J.M. Reliability and Validity of the SensorMedics VmaxST Portable Metabolic Analyzer. Journal of Physical Activity and Health, 1(4): 2004.
- (Book chapter) Pivarnik, J.M., Perkins, C.D., and Moyerbrailean, T. Athletes and Pregnancy. Clinical Obstetrics and Gynecology, 46(2): 1-12, 2003.
- Maternal Physical Activity and Birth Weight: A Meta-Analysis. Michigan State University. December, 2004.
- Urizar, G., Goldberg, J., Perkins, C., Lee, R., Durkin, L., Kiernan, M. (2006). Short bout use among overweight/obese adults: The Stanford Healthy Weight Project. Poster presented at the 27th Annual Meeting of the Society of Behavioral Medicine, San Francisco, CA.
- Perkins, C.D., Pivarnik, J.M., Reeves, M.J., Feltz, D.L., and Womack, C.J. Maternal Physical Activity and Birth Weight: A Meta-Analysis. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 37(5): S177, 2005.
- Perkins, C.D., Pivarnik, J.M, Stein, A.D, Rivera, J.M. Recommended Weight Gain, Maternal Physical Activity and Fetal Growth. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 36(5): S41, 2004.
- Pivarnik, J.M., Marshall, J.F., Perkins, C.D, Bauer, P.W, Coe, D.P, Stover, E.A. Preeclampsia and Plasma Volume Dynamics. Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise, 36(5): S296, 2004.