Meet the Faculty
Michael E. Feltner
Professor of Sports Medicine
Dean of Seaver College
Division: Natural Science Division
Office: Thornton Administrative Center (TAC) 320C
- Ph.D., Human Performance, Indiana University, 1987
- M.S., Physical Education, Indiana University, 1984
- B.S., Biological Science, Miami University, 1981
- Biomechanics of Human Movement
- Functional Anatomy and Kinesiology
- Human Anatomy
- Statistics & Research Methods Lab
- Research in Sports Medicine
- Associate Editor, Medicine and Science in Sports & Exercise
- Editorial Board, Journal of Applied Biomechanics
- FACSM, Fellow: American College of Sports Medicine
- President, Biomechanics Interest Group, American College of Sports Medicine, 1998-2001
- Invited Presenter, IV IOC World Congress on Sport Science
- President, Seaver College Faculty Association, 1999-2000
- Research Fellow American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- Chairperson, Seaver College Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Dynamics of high-speed upper extremity movement
- Injury mechanics and gender effects on injury mechanics
- Mechanical and muscular alterations associated with skill progression
- Upper extremity augmentation of lower extremity musculoskeletal dynamics during vertical jumps
- Feltner, M. E., Fraschetti, D.* & Crisp, R.* (1999) Augmentation of lower extremity muscle force generation via arm motions during vertical jumping. Journal of Sports Science, 17, 449-466.
- Feltner, M. E. & Taylor, G* (1997). Three-dimensional kinetics of the shoulder, elbow and wrist during a penalty throw in water polo. Journal of Applied Biomechanics, 13, 347-372.
- Feltner, M.E., MacRae, H.S.H., MacRae, P.M., Turner, N.S.*, Hartman, C.A.*, Summers, M.L.* & Welch, M.D.* (1994). Strength training effects on rearfoot motion in running. Medicine and Science in Sports and Exercise, 26(8), 1021-1027.
- Feltner, M.E. (1989). Three-dimensional interactions in a two-segment kinetic chain: Part II: Application to the throwing arm in baseball pitching. International Journal of Sports Biomechanics, 5(4), 420-450.
- Feltner, M.E. & Dapena, J. (1986). Dynamics of the shoulder and elbow joints of the throwing arm during a baseball pitch. International Journal of Sports Biomechanics, 2(4), 235-259.
- Feltner, M.E., E.J. Bishop*, & C.M. Perez*. Segmental and kinetic contributions in vertical jumps performed with and without an arm swing. Research Quarterly for Exercise and Sport. In press.