Meet the Faculty
Khanh-Van T. Bui
Professor of Psychology
- Ph.D., Social Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1997
- M.A., Social Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1993
- B.A., Psychology, University of California, Los Angeles, 1990, Summa Cum Laude and Phi Beta Kappa
- Introductory Statistics
- Intermediate Statistics and Computer Applications
- Social Psychology
- Psychology of Women
- Special Awards Judge for the American Psychological Association at the 2011 Intel International Science and Engineering Fair
- Fellow for the 2001Summer Data Policy Institute on NCES (National Center for Education Statistics) and NSF (National Science Foundation) Databases
- Association for Psychological Science
- Council of Undergraduate Psychology Programs
- Academic achievement
- Adolescent health
- Close relationships
- Bui, K. T. (2005). Middle school variables that predict college attendance for first-generation students. Education, 126(2), 203-220.
- Bui, K. T., Ellickson, P. L., & Bell, R. M. (2000). Cross-lagged relationships among adolescent problem drug use, deviance, and poor mental health. Journal of Drug Issues, 30(2), 283-303.
- Bui, K. T., Peplau, L. A., & Hill, C. T. (1996). Testing the Rusbult model of relationship commitment and stability in a 15-year study of heterosexual couples. Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin, 22(12), 1244-1257.
- Bui, K. T., & Takeuchi, D. T. (1992). Ethnic minority adolescents and the use of community mental health care services. American Journal of Community Psychology, 20(4), 403-417.