Meet the Faculty
Assistant Professor of Political Science
M.A. Political Science, University of California, Berkeley, 2007
B.A. Political Science, Vassar College, 2003
- Political Philosophy
- Philosophy of Social Science
- History of Political Thought
- The Reunification of Political Theory and Social Science: Charles Taylor, Alasdair MacIntyre and a New Study of Politics (forthcoming: University of Notre Dame Press).
- Interpretive Social Science: A Theoretical Framework (with Mark Bevir; under review at Oxford University Press).
- 2016 "Naturalism and Anti-Naturalism" (with Mark Bevir) in Routledge Handbook of Interpretive Political Science, eds. Bevir and R.A.W. Rhodes (New York, NY: Routledge).
- 2014 "Review of What Happened in and to Moral Philosophy in the Twentieth Century," Philosophy in Review 34:6.
- 2013 "How Charles Taylor Philosophizes with History," Journal of the Philosophy of History 7: 231-243.
- 2013 "Returning to the Interpretive Turn: Charles Taylor and His Critics," The Review of Politics 75:3: 383-406.
- 2013 "The Forgotten Alasdair MacIntyre: Beyond Value Neutrality in the Social Sciences," Polity 45:3: 445-463.
- 2012 "Political Relativism in the Work of Martin Heidegger," Perspectives on Political Science 41:3: 138-145.
- 2011 "Analytic Ethics in the Central Period" (with Mark Bevir), History of European Ideas 37:3: 249-256.