Meet the Faculty
Assistant Professor of Philosophy
- Ph.D., University of California, Riverside, 2010
- M.A., University of Missouri-Columbia, 2007
- B.S. (Computer Science), University of Southern California, 2001
- Business Ethics
- The Metaphysics of Free Will
- Action Theory (especially free will and moral responsibility)
- Philosophy of Religion
- Philosophy of Science (especially scientific explanation)
- "No (New) Troubles with Ockhamism" (with D. Justin Coates), forthcoming in Oxford Studies in Philosophy of Religion.
- "The Explanatory Power of Local Miracle Compatibilism," forthcoming in Philosophical Studies.
- "Nelson Pike's Contribution to the Philosophy of Religion," Philosophia 39 (2011):409-31.
- "In Defense of a Causal Requirement on Explanation," in Phyllis McKay Illari, Federica Russo, and Jon Williamson (eds.), Causality in the Sciences (New York: Oxford University Press, 2011), pp. 470-92.