Student Learning Outcomes
Students who are participate in student-led ministries will be able to:
- Demonstrate leadership skills in guiding and assisting a ministry in meeting its goals, and communicate a vision that encourages action in others.
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of how practicing the spiritual disciplines (e.g., Bible study, prayer, silence), deepens and strengthens one's faith.
- Develop and articulate an increasing awareness, interest, and/or faith in Christ.
- Demonstrate an understanding that ministry and service to others, including those different from oneself, is a natural outpouring of a life of faith in Christ.
- This department uses various strategies to assess outcomes. Examples include:
- Data collected to assess effectiveness and impact of Advising and Student Development by e-portfolio
- A rubric used in behavioral observation of management of meetings and events.