Assistant Professor of Psychology
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Virginia, 2011-2012
- Ph.D, Cognitive Psychology, University of Virginia, 2011
- M.A., Cognitive Psychology, University of Virginia, 2006
- B.S., Birmingham Southern College, Psychology, 2004
- Principles of Learning
- Cognitive Processes
- Research Methods
- Distinguished Teaching Fellowship, University of Virginia, 2011.
- American Psychological Association Dissertation Research Award, 2009.
- Presidential Fellowship, University of Virginia: 2004-2008
- William James Award, Birmingham-Southern College, 2004.
- Association for Psychological Science (APS)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Emotion and Cognition
- Emotion and Learning
- False Memory
- Stress and Memory
- Clore, G.L. & Palmer, J.E. (2009). Affective guidance of intelligent agents: How emotion controls cognition. Cognitive Systems Research, 10, 22-30.
- Palmer, J.E., & Dodson, C.S. (2009). Investigating the mechanisms fueling reduced false recall of emotional material. Emotion and Cognition, 23, 238-259.
- Willingham, D. T., &Trammell, J. P. (2009). Sequence learning. In T. Bayne, A. Cleeremans, & P. Wilken (Eds.), Oxford Companion to Consciousness (595-597). New York: Oxford University Press.