Religion Division Faculty
Assistant Professor of Religion
- Ph.D. Worship and Culture, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2013
- M.Div., Fuller Theological Seminary, 2005
- M.A. History and Theology, Abilene Christian University, 2002
- B.A. Religion, Pepperdine University, 1994
- GSRE 199 Soundtrack for the Soul: Popular Music and Christian Spirituality (First-Year Seminar)
- REL 301 Christianity and Culture
- REL 548 Congregation as Missional Community (Contemporary Issues and Approaches to Ministry
- REL 548 Christian Worship: Theology and Practice (Contemporary Issues and Approaches to Ministry)
- REL 591 Readings in Ecclesiology and Spiritual Formation
- REL 595 Ministry Field Work
- American Academy of Religion
- American Hymn Society
- Association of Practical Theology
- North American Academy of Liturgy
- The Society for the Study of Christian Spirituality
- Christian spirituality and spiritual practices
- Christian worship
- Discipleship and spiritual formation
- Ecclesiology and the ministries of the church
- Theology and popular culture
- A Teaching Hymnal: Ecumenical and Evangelical, Contributing Author and Hymn Editor. Clayton J. Schmit, editor, Fuller Seminary Press (forthcoming).
- "Liturgies of Word and Turntable: Social and Sacramental Effectiveness of Contemporary Worship Music in Christian Worship." PhD diss, Fuller Theological Seminary, 2013.
- "Social Conscience in the Churches of Christ as Recorded by Mission Journal, 1967-1987." MA thesis, Abilene Christian University, 2002.
- "We Worshiped with People Who Were Not There," Presentation to the Exploring Contemporary and Alternative Worship Seminar, North American Academy of Liturgy Annual Meeting, Montreal, 2011.
- "@ But Not Of the World (Online Communities, Social Media, and Christian Mission)," Pepperdine Bible Lectures, 2011.
- "Moving Worship: Where Our Practices Should Lead Us," Abilene Christian University Summit, with Dr. Jeff Cary, 2011.
- "This Is My Story; What Is That Song? Pastoral and Theological Approaches to Music in Worship," Lipscomb University Summer Celebration, 2010