Meet the Faculty
Stephanie Cooper, Ph.D.
Visiting Professor of Sports Medicine
- Ph.D., Kinesiology, University of Georgia, 2014
- B.A. & B.S., Sports Medicine, Pepperdine University, 2008
- Foundations of Health and Fitness (SPME 450)
- Neuromuscular Adaptations to Training (SPME 440)
- Physiology of Exercise (SPME 360)
- Psychology of Exercise (SPME 320)
- Statistical and Research Methods (MATH 317)
- Effects of acute and chronic exercise on mental health
- Cooper, S.L. & Tomporowski, P.D. (2017). Acute Effects of Exercise on Attentional Bias in Low- and High- Anxious Young Adults. Mental Health & Physical Activity, 12, 62-72.
- Okumura, M.S., Cooper, S.L., Ferrara, M.S., Tomporowski, P.D. (2013). Global Switch Cost as an Index for Concussion Assessment: Reliability and Stability. Medicine & Science in Sport & Exercise, 45(6), 1038-1042.
- Davis, C.L. & Cooper, S. (2011). Fitness, Fatness, Cognition, Behavior, and Academic Achievement Among Overweight Children: Do Cross-Sectional Associations Correspond to Exercise Trial Outcomes? Preventive Medicine; 52, S65-S69.