George Arthur Carlsen
Assistant Professor of Hispanic Studies
- Ph.D. in Spanish, University of California, Riverside, 2008
- M.A. in Spanish, University of California, Riverside, 2005
- B.A. in Spanish, Willamette University, 2001, Spanish Department Honors
- Colonial Latin American Literature
- Spanish Phonetics and Conversation
- Spanish Civilization
- First Year Spanish
- Second Year Spanish
- Glazer Institute Half-Grant for Research, 2011
- Dean's Fellowship - University of California, Riverside, 2003 - 2008
- Dean's List - Willamette University, 2001
- Modern Language Association
- American Association of Teachers of Spanish and Portuguese
- Border Studies
- Contemporary Hispanic and Lusophone Cultural and Literary Studies
- New Media
- "Brazilian Masculine Identity in Mario Prata's Album Novel Buscando o seu Mindinho: Um Almanaque Auricular (2002)" Portuguese Literary and Cultural Studies 22-23, 2012, forthcoming.
- "An Album Novel for a Border City: The Case of Idos de la mente: la increíble y (a veces) triste historia de Ramón y Cornelio by Luis Humberto Crosthwaite" Letras Hispanas, 7, Fall 2010.
- "Multi-Media Celebrity, Online Narrative and the Print Memoir: The Case of O Doce Veneno do Escorpião by Bruna Surfistinha" Symposium, Spring, 2009.
- "The Novel in Mexico and Brazil in the Age of Globalization and Information Technology (2000-2005)," Doctoral Dissertation, University of California, Riverside, Directed by Raymond L. Williams.