Program Learning Outcomes
A student who graduates with a major in Music should be able to:
- Demonstrate a comprehension of music through accepted theoretical and formal procedures
of analysis and a proficiency of musicianship in aural skills, keyboard skills and
- Narrate the basic history of music beginning with the antiquities and ending with
the contemporary period, identifying major period styles and trends, important works
of music, effective cultural centers, significant composers and performers, and other
persons of influence.
- Demonstrate well-developed techniques and skills specifically related to the individuals
emphasis in music.
- Apply lessons of leadership, service, and collaboration within the community of artists
- Advocate for the transformative power of music in the lives of others, sharing his
or her God-given and developed musical gifts with the community at large.