Art History Program Learning Outcomes
A student who graduates with a major in Art History should be able to:
- Situate works of art in their historical and cultural contexts.
- Analyze and critique works of art based on form, content, and medium.
- Engage significant issues, debates, and methods in the field through critical thinking,
research, writing, and oral presentation.
- Practice scholarly integrity and the professional code of ethics regarding art, the
art market, cultural heritage, and museology.
- Demonstrate understanding and appreciation of diversity as visualized in art.
- Foster community engagement in the arts through outreach and arts education.