Online Audition Video Submission Instructions
Use the best quality video and audio recording devices possible. The performance should
be recorded as if you are at a "live" audition. Your performance should not be edited;
with no stopping of the recording during the entire audition recording.
Applicants auditioning for the Guitar Program will not be able to audition via YouTube, they must audition live or submit a recorded audition.
* State your full name and the program and degree you are applying for
* State the date
At the conclusion of the performance portion of the audition, the applicant will be asked to announce that they have "reached the end of my audition" and restate their name. Turn off recording device.
After the applicant completes the Pepperdine video audition recording, they will post the audition on YouTube in the following manner and send a private link to the appropriate director per the instructions below.
YouTube Video Submission Instructions
If you do not already have a YouTube account:
- Go to https://www.youtube.com/
- Click on Create Account on the top right
- Fill in all the information
- Click on create account
- On the top right hand corner you will see your new account
- Check your email, as a confirmation email address will be sent to you
- Click on the link to verify your email address
- If you do not receive a confirmation email within a few minutes, check your bulk or spam folders
- At this stage you can change your email or edit the information you gave by clicking either of the blue links at the bottom of the page
Once you have your account:
- Click on the yellow Upload button located on the top right
- If you recorded the video from an external source and have the video file, you can select Video File from the upload pop-up menu
- If you have a built-in camera click Quick Capture from the upload pop-up menu
Setting up access to view your video:
- Go to My Videos (located in the drop down menu next to your username)
- Click on Uploaded Videos
- Select the preferred clip by checking the box to the left of the video, then click the Edit button
- Change the Title of the video to Pepperdine [Program Name] Audition: Your Name
- Example: Pepperdine Brass Audition: John Smith, then click the Save Changes button
- Scroll down to Broadcasting and Sharing Options
- IMPORTANT: Select Private (Viewable by up to 25 people), check the Limited access URL box, then COPY and PASTE the FULL link into the body of an email addressed to the director of the program for which you are auditioning (the link should be quite long)
- Please test the link before you send it. You can log out of YouTube and send the link to a second email address you may have or to a family member.