Hometown: San Dimas, CA
Seaver College Class of 2018
Major: Integrated Marketing Communication
Video Location: Waves Cafe, Beaman Patio
Favorite Spot on Campus
My favorite spot on campus is Stauffer Chapel. No matter the time of day, it is the perfect setting for prayer, worship, or Bible study.
Tips for Applying
Top 3 recommendations for applying
- Come out and take a tour on our campus if you can! If not, look online to get a feel for the resources and experiences available here at Pepperdine.
- Stay on top of the application process and send in your application materials as early as possible.
- Let your voice speak through your application. We want to get to know you as best as possible through your application!
Advice for essays and supplemental question
- Use the essays to show us your character and what matters to you. Be your own advocate!
- Make sure someone, a parent, teacher, or mentor, proofreads your essays. We do not require the writing portion of the SAT or ACT, so this is your chance to show off your writing skills!
Other general advice
Ask questions! Get to know the schools to which you're applying by visiting campus and keep track of all the deadlines.
Working in the Office of Admission
My favorite aspect about working in the Office of Admission
I love getting to be involved in the process that leads students to the best four years of their lives.
Highlights From My Time at Pepperdine
The main reason I decided to attend Pepperdine
I decided to attend Pepperdine due to the seamless compilation of challenging academics, rich community, and Pepperdine's commitment to a faith-based mission.
Activities, clubs, and service projects I was involved with
As soon as I got to Pepperdine, I realized the many ways I could get involved. I joined Greek Life, volunteered at Step Forward Day, and participated in Songfest all four years. As an upperclassman, I volunteered for New Student Orientation as both an Orientation Leader and Coordinator and I worked as a Resident Advisor, Songfest Production Assistant, and Office of Admission Intern. Lastly, I engaged in my faith through The Well, Celebration Chapel, and God in the Wilderness.
My favorite professor
Jennifer Akamine Phillips became one of my favorite professors at Pepperdine. She taught my GE communication class the first semester of my freshman year in which she challenged us students to be more impactful and influential public speakers. Beyond the classroom, she met with each of us a few times a semester to invest in our lives outside of academics. As a staff member, I still meet with her to grab a cup of coffee and catch up!
How I developed spiritually at Pepperdine
As a student, I found so many ways to engage in fellowship and deepen my understanding of Christ from meeting weekly with my small group to work through chapters in Mere Christianity to gathering with a group of friends to worship in Stauffer Chapel. My time at Pepperdine uncovered questions I didn't know needed to be answered and provided so many resources and mentors to seek after truth.
Where I studied abroad
Shanghai Summer Internship Program during the summer of 2017