Mina Soroosh is visiting assistant professor of French at Pepperdine University. Her MA and PhD are from UCLA in French and Francophone Studies. Prior to joining Pepperdine in 2016, she taught at USC and UCLA. Dr. Soroosh's specializations include language pedagogy, the use of technology in the language classroom, and Renaissance and early modern studies. Her primary areas of research include the self and subjectivity in French Renaissance literature, and she has given presentations at professional conferences on the topic in the works of Pierre Charron and Michel de Montaigne. At Pepperdine, Dr. Soroosh teaches language, civilization, and literature courses in the French program. She teaches the Tour de Suisse class during the Lausanne summer intensive program, offered every two years.
- PhD, University of California, Los Angeles, 2012
- MA, University of California, Los Angeles, 2003
- BA, Scripps College, 1999
- UCLA Dissertation Year Fellowship (2009-2010)
- The Rotary Foundation Ambassadorial Scholarship, Universidad del País Vasco, Spain (2004-2005)
- Institut d'Études Françaises d'Avignon Summer Study Scholarship (Summer 2002)
- Scripps College Padelford French Award for Outstanding Senior Thesis (May 1999)
- Cum Laude, Scripps College (May 1999)
- Phi Beta Kappa (May 1999)
- "Using Authentic Audio-Visual Materials in the First and Second-Year Language Classroom." Language Teacher Education Tenth International Conference, UCLA, Los Angeles, CA, February 4, 2017.
- "The Sage's Sacred Interior: Early Notions of Interiority in the Writings of Pierre Charron." Renaissance Conference of Southern California (RCSC) 56th Annual Meeting, Huntington Library, San Marino, CA, June 2, 2012.
- "Writing the Self: A Reassessment of the Influence of Michel de Montaigne's Essais on Pierre Charron's De la Sagesse (1601)." Renaissance Conference of Southern California (RCSC) 54th Annual Meeting, Huntington Gardens, San Marino, CA, February 6, 2010.
- "Experienced Language Teaching Assistant Panel" (Moderator). UCLA Campuswide Annual Teaching Assistant Conference, Los Angeles, CA, September 22, 2009.
- "On the Self in Pierre Charron's De la Sagesse (1601)." Renaissance Conference of Southern California (RCSC) 53rd Annual Meeting, Huntington Gardens, San Marino, CA, February 7, 2009.
- UCLA Department of French & Francophone Studies Travel Grant for archival research (November 2007)
- UCLA Department of French & Francophone Studies Travel Grant for study at CAVILAM, Université de Clermont-Ferrand (July 2005)
- UCLA Jacqueline Hamel Award for the Endowed Research Travel Grant (Summer 2002)
- Renaissance Literature
- History of Ideas
- Second Language Acquisition
- ACTFL Oral Proficiency Interview Scales
- Early Modern Culture and Society
- Elementary French I
- Elementary French II
- Intermediate French I
- Intermediate French II
- French Conversation
- French Civilization and Culture
- Major French Authors
- 19th & 20th Century French Literature
- Tour de Suisse (Lausanne Summer French Intensive)