Meet the Faculty
Paul Jones, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Economics
- Ph.D., Manderson Graduate School of Business, The University of Alabama, 2014
- M.B.A., Manderson Graduate School of Business, The University of Alabama, 2009
- B.S., The University of Alabama, 2007
- ECON 310 Introduction to Statistics and Econometrics
- ECON 321 Intermediate Macroeconomics
- ECON 410 Applied Econometrics
- ECON 492 Political Economy of Terrorism
- ECON 592 Special Topics in Macroeconomics
- Comer Foundation Graduate Fellowship, 2013
- Clifford and Mary Armstrong Fellowship, 2013
- Fred Bostwick Fellowship, 2013
- Marvin L. Mann Graduate Scholarship, 2013
- Durr-Filauer Graduate Fellowship, 2011
- C&BA Dean's Scholarship, 2008
- Applied Macroeconomics
- Financial Economics
- Times-Series Econometrics
- Tax Multipliers and Monetary Policy: Evidence from a Threshold Model. (with Eric Olson) Economics Letters, 122, 2014, p. 116-118.
- On the Use of the Flexible Fourier Form in Unit Root Tests, Endogenous Breaks, and Parameter Instability. (with Walter Enders) In Jun Ma and Mark E. Wohar, eds. Recent Advances in Estimating Nonlinear Models (Springer) September 2013.
- The Time-Varying Correlation Between Uncertainty, Output, and Inflation: Evidence from a DCC-GARCH model. (with Eric Olson) Economics Letters, 118, 2013, p. 33-37.
- Asymmetric Tax Multipliers. (with Eric Olson and Mark Wohar) Journal of Macroeconomics. 43, 2015, p. 38-48.
- The Asymmetric Effects of Uncertainty on Macroeconomic Activity. (with Walter Enders) Macroeconomic Dynamics. Forthcoming.
- The International Effects of U.S. Uncertainty. (with Eric Olson) International Journal of Finance and Economics. Forthcoming.
- Grain Prices, Oil Prices, and Multiple Smooth Breaks in a VAR. (with Walter Enders) Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics and Econometrics. Forthcoming.