Meet the Faculty
Professor of Finance
- Ph.D., University of Southern California, 2001
- M.S.B.A., University of Southern California, 2003
- M.A., University of Southern California, 1998
- Diploma with Honors (B.A.), Yerevan State University, Armenia, 1991
- Financial Management
- Applied Portfolio Management
- Financial Derivatives
- Will Singleton Chair in Finance, 2012-
- John and Francis Duggan Professor of Business, 2008-2012
- Howard A. White Award for Teaching Excellence, 2006
- Seaver Research Fellow, 2004, 2005
- Asset Pricing
- Portfolio Management
- Risk Management
- "Corporate Innovations Strategies: Approaches to FinTech Innovation and Disruption", Goukasian, L., M2Banking & FINTECH, LATAM., San Francisco, CA, Entrepreneurship. (July 20, 2017).
- "Attribution Analysis of Corporate Real Estate Holdings and Financial Performance: REITs vs. Other Industries," Goukasian, L. (Presenter & Author), Armenian Economic Association, Yerevan, Armenia, Global Business. (June 25, 2017).
- Goukasian, L., Ma, Q., Zhang, A. (2016). What is Common Among Return Anomalies? Evidence from Insider Trading Anomalies? Journal of Behavioral Finance, 17(3), 229-243.
- "Risk and Regulations", Goukasian, L., Weai, Portland, OR, Global Business, Presentations at academic conferences and seminars. (June 2016).
- "The Impact of Olympic Sponsorship on Domestic vs. Foreign Sponsoring Firms", Baim, D. (Presenter & Author), Goukasian, L. (Author Only), Misch, M.B. (Author Only), 7th International Sports Business Symposium, Lillehammer, Norway, Stakeholder wealth, Presentations at academic conferences and seminars. (February 2016).
- "Quantitative Finance", Goukasian, L., BU, Boston, MA, Global Business, Presentations to education seminars or conventions. (February 2016).
- "Quant Finance", Goukasian, L., Seminar, Boston, MA, Global Business. (February 26, 2016).
- Baim, D., Goukasian, L., Misch, M.B. (2015). Olympic Sponsorships, Stock Prices, and Trading Activities. International Journal of Sports Finance, 10(2), 176-195.
- "What is Common Among Return Anomalies?", Goukasian, L., Armenian Economic Association's Annual Conference, Yerevan, Armenia, Global Business, Articles on disciplinary research or theory. (June 20, 2014).
- Goukasian, L., Miller, S. (2012). Equipment Lease Securitization Performance Versus Other Asset Classes (1st ed., vol. Winter 2012, pp. 1-56). Equipment Lease and Finance Foundation.
- Goukasian, L., Miller, S.A. (2012). The Performance of Equipment Lease-Backed Securities During the Financial Crisis. Journal of Equipment Lease Financing, 30(1) 1-8.
- Goukasian, L., Ma, Q. (2012). Saving the Bed from the Fed. Cornell Hospitality Reports, 12(8).
- Goukasian, L., Ma, Q., Majbouri, M. (2012). The Monetary Policy Risks of Hospitality Stocks. Cornell Hospitality Quarterly,53(4), 339-346.
- Optimal Risk Taking under Flexible Income, 2007, (with J. Cvitanic and F. Zapatero). Management Science, Vol. 53 (10), pages 1594-1604
- The Reaction of Term Structure of Interest Rates to the Monetary Policy Actions (with I. Cialenco), 2006, Journal of Fixed Income. Vol. 16 (2), pages 76-91.
- The Effects of Tax Convexity on Corporate Investment Decisions and Tax Burdens (with S. Sarkar), 2006, Journal of Public Economic Theory. 8(2). Pages 293-320.
- Monte Carlo Simulations of Optimal Portfolios in Complete Markets (with J.Cvitanic and F.Zapatero), 2003, Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Volume 27, Issue 6, pages 907-1161
- Small random perturbations of Hamiltonian Systems, (with P.H.Baxendale), 2002, The Annals of Probability, Vol. 30, pages 101-134
- Stochastic Averaging for Nilpotent Ito Systems (with P.H.Baxendale), 2001, Stochastic Processes and Applications, 95, pages 219-233