Meet the Faculty
Komal Shah Kapoor, Ph.D.
Assistant Visiting Professor of Public Relations
- Interdisciplinary Ph.D. in Speech Communication, Marketing, and Anthropology, Wayne State University, 2007
- M.A., Organizational Communication and Public Relations, Wayne State University, 2002
Dr. Kapoor earned her Ph.D. in speech communication, anthropology, and marketing and her M.A, in organizational communication and public relations from Wayne State University. She has over ten years of national and international corporate experience in public relations, qualitative consumer research, brand strategy, healthcare market research, and entrepreneurship. Dr. Kapoor has taught Introduction to Public Relations, Public Relations Strategies and Tactics, Introduction to Intercultural Communication, Speech Communication, Business and Managerial Communication, and Qualitative Research Methods.
- Fellow, Mudra Institute of Communication, 2005
- Member, Public Relations Society of America
- Pepperdine Faculty Advisor, Public Relations Student Society of America
- Pepperdine Faculty Advisor, Waves Effect
- Communication of diasporic cultural identity across generations
- Emerging market glocalization
- Reputation and identity management
- Passing on the Culture in the Diaspora: Inter-Generational Communication of Cultural Identity Amongst Gujaratis in the USA, 2007