Meet the Faculty
Professor of English
- Ph.D., Texas Christian University, 1999
- M.A., Abilene Christian University, 1985
- B.A., Abilene Christian University, 1981
- Victorian Novel
- Victorian Poetry
- Modern Drama
- Poetry & Poetics
- Arthurian Literature
- World Literature
- Survey of British Literature
- Research & Writing in the English Major
- Modern Language Association
- Coalition of Women Scholars in the History of Rhetoric
- Research Society for Victorian Periodicals
- Victorian Interdisciplinary Studies Association of the Western United States
- National Council of Teachers of English
- Innovative Teaching Award, Center for Teaching & Learning, Pepperdine University, 2004
- Dean's Research Grant, Pepperdine University, 2004-2005
- Dean's Research Grant, Pepperdine University, 2003-2004
- 19th-Century Religious & Visual Rhetoric
- Gender & Religion
- Representation in Victorian Art
- Victorian Theatre
- Victorian Women Writers
- "Victorian Drama in the 1850s and the Transformation of Literary Consciousness." Victorian Transformations. Ed. Bianca Tredennick. Farnham, U.K.: Ashgate, (forthcoming).
- "John Maddison Morton." Dictionary of Literary Biography: Nineteenth-Century British Dramatists. Vol. 344. Ed. Angela Courtney. Detroit: Gale, 2009. 250-60.
- "A Victorian Study Abroad Course for Undergraduates." Victorian Review 34.2 (2008): 63-69.
- "Victorian Drama and Undergraduate Periodical Research." Victorian Periodicals Review 39.4 (Winter 2006): 357-364.
- "Private Practice: Thomas De Quincey, Margaret Oliphant and the Construction of Women's Rhetoric in the Victorian Periodical Press," Rhetoric Review 23.1 (2004): 40-56.
- "A Noble Type of Good Heroic Womanhood": The Popular Rhetoric of Florence Nightingale's Enshrinement. Nineteenth-Century Prose 26 (Spring 1999): 59-80.