Career Resources for Parents
You play a critical part in encouraging and supporting the career development process of your son or daughter. The career center exists to equip your student (and you) to make the most of Pepperdine professional opportunities and resources. Here are some guiding principles that you might find helpful:
- Encourage your student to start building experience early (and often) throughout their college career. Work on campus, internships, research, leadership in clubs and organizations, and volunteer work can all develop core skills and competencies as well as experience that employers and graduate schools want most!
- Create space for your son or daughter to explore their purpose, interests, and skills while cheering them along the way.
- Help your student investigate possible industries, job functions, and even companies or organizations by introducing them to people in your network. Help them understand the value of an informational interview and encourage them to practice professional communication in the process.
- Keep informed of career-related events and recruiting opportunities on campus by bookmarking this website, following us on social media or our blog.
- Sign up to help other students by becoming a Project E(x)ternship job shadow host or offer your professional expertise through the Pepperdine Career Network (coming soon).