The international business program requires 60-61 units, plus 7 units in GE courses. An integral part of the international business major is successful completion of at least eight units of study abroad.
The following courses are required for completion of the international business major. Upon successful completion of the standard lower division courses, pre-international business students may apply for full admission to the major.
|Course ID||Course Name||Units||Term|
|Lower Division Courses (27 units)|
|AC 224||Financial Accounting||4||F,SP|
|AC 225||Managerial Accounting||3||F,SP|
|BA 210||Introduction to Microeconomics (GE)||3||F,SP|
|BA 212||Business Computing Applications||2||F,SP|
|BA 216||Statistical Analysis for Business Decisions||4||F,SP|
|ECON 211||Introduction to Macroeconomics (GE)||3||F,SP|
|MATH 140||Calculus for Business and Economics (GE)||4||F,SP|
|MATH 141||Probability, Linear Systems, and Multivariable Optimization (GE)||4||F,SP|
|Upper Division Courses (33 units)|
|BA 321||Financial Management||4||F,SP|
|BA 355||Principles of Marketing||3||F,SP|
|BA 358||Legal and Regulatory Environment of Business||3||F,SP|
|BA 366||Organizational Behavior (WI)||3||F,SP|
|BA 447||International Finance||3||F,SP|
|BA 457||The Legal Environment of International Business||3||F,SP|
|BA 474||International Marketing||3||F,SP|
|BA 497||Business Policy, Strategy, and Ethics (RM)||4||F,SP|
|BA 598||Service Leadership Project (PS)||4||F,SP|
|Additional 7-8 Units from the Following:|
|BA 494||International Management||3||F, SP|
|Introduction to Intercultural Communication (GE)
International Communication and Negotiation
|ECON 351||Global Economics||4||F, SP|
|POSC 344||International Relations||4||F, SP|
|POSC 446||International Organizations and Law||4||F|
|Ethics and International Politics
Religion and Politics in Comparative Perspectives
|POSC 542||American Foreign Policy||4||F|
|REMINDER: As an integral part of the bachelor of science in international business degree requirements, the student is required to successfully complete at least eight units in a fall, spring, or summer residential program abroad. International students are exempt from this requirement.|
The above program requirements are excerpted from the Seaver College catalog. This Web page is not an official binding document. To view the actual catalog visit: http://seaver.pepperdine.edu/academics/catalog/.
Students who complete the international business major will be able to:
• Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the fundamental concepts of accounting, business law, economics, finance, management science, management and organizational behavior, and marketing.
• Evaluate business issues from a transnational perspective, integrating multiple business disciplines, and be able to formulate business plans that incorporate appropriate response to cross-cultural differences and then communicate, and defend recommendations to decision-makers based on those evaluations.
• Produce clearly written, concise business analyses and deliver clear, well- organized, persuasive oral presentations.
• Recognize the importance of diversity and integrate their unique cultural backgrounds with those of other students and with faculty members to develop effective interpersonal and group interactions.
• Analyze business situations in keeping with professional standards and moral values and recommend appropriate courses of action.
• Engage in professional service.
You may email your questions to the Business Administration Division office manager.