Associated Women for Pepperdine (AWP) Scholarship Application ($5,000)
The Associated Women for Pepperdine (AWP) was established in 1958 and is the largest, most active women's group supporting colleges and universities in Southern California. For over 50 years members have been primary contributors to scholarships for Christian students and have forged a strong link between the University and the Churches of Christ across the country. AWP desires to strengthen churches by financially supporting Christian students at Pepperdine University in their education and spiritual walk. The Associated Women for Pepperdine (AWP) awards a number of $5,000 scholarships annually on a renewable basis to active members from the Churches of Christ. Recipients will be expected to maintain at least a 2.5 GPA, help with AWP events during the year, maintain an active presence in a local Church of Christ, and be involved with campus ministry while attending Pepperdine University.
To be considered for the AWP scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a current, active member of a Church of Christ congregation.
- Submit the general Pepperdine admission application by the January 5 deadline.
- Submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by February 15.
- Submit an additional recommendation from a Church of Christ leader (minister, youth minister, elder, or deacon) by February 15. Be sure to select "Church of Christ - AWP" as recommendation type on the next page.
- Complete this form by the February 15 deadline.