Thank You Letter Guidelines
- Type a one-page thank you letter for each scholarship referenced in your to-do list.
Be sure to include the name of the scholarship in the body of the letter. Type your
name and CWID (Campus Wide ID) at the bottom of each letter so that you can be correctly
identified (your CWID will be deleted before the letter is forwarded to the donor).
Use Times New Roman font type, size 12 and please make sure your letter does not exceed
Some ideas for letter content include: gratitude for your scholarship(s), your background,
your educational and career goals, and what being at Pepperdine has meant to you.
The most important thing is that you be forthright in expressing your appreciation
for the scholarship support.
- Review each letter carefully, paying close attention to grammar, spelling, and content.
It is also important to make sure your salutation is correct.
Donors will read each letter written. Poorly written letters will be returned to you
- To check the status of your thank-you letter, log onto WaveNet under Student Services, Financial Aid, then Application Requirements.
- Please allow at least one work week of processing time before the Thank You Letter
is taken off of your To Do List.
- You may submit your Thank You Letter by logging onto: http://pepperdine.academicworks.com