Meet the Faculty
Ronald C. Highfield
Professor of Religion
Division: Religion Division
Office: Appleby Center (APC) 276
Phone: (310) 506-4511
Fax: (310) 506-6907
- Ph.D., Rice University, 1988
- M.A., Rice University, 1988
- M.Th., Harding Graduate School of Religion, 1979
- B.A., Harding University, 1975
- Christianity and Culture
- The Christian Faith
- Systematic Theology I: God and Providence
- Systematic Theology II: Christ, the Church, the Spirit, and Eschatology
- American Academy of Religion
- Christian Theological Research Fellowship
- Divine Self-Limitation in Contemporary Theology
- Great is the Lord: Theology for the Praise of God. Grand Rapids, MI: Eerdmans, 2008.
- Barth and Rahner: Toward an Ecumenical Understanding of Sin and Evil. New York: Peter Lang, 1989.
- "God's Commands and Christian Ethics: A Theology of the Christian Life," in Christian Ethics: The Issues of Life and Death, eds. Larry Chouinard, David Fiensy, and George Pickens, Joplin, MO: College Press, 2004, 7-28.
- "The Problem with the "Problem of Evil" A Response to Gregory Boyd's Open Theist Solution," Restoration Quarterly (Summer, 2003).
- "Does The World Limit God? Assessing the Case for Open Theism," The Stone-Campbell Journal (Winter, 2002)
- "Divine Self-limitation in the Theology of Jurgen Moltmann: A Critical Appraisal," Christian Scholars Review (Fall 2002) 49-71.
- "The Function of Divine Self-Limitation in Open Theism: Great Wall or Picket Fence?" Journal of the Evangelical Theological Society (June 2002) 279-99.
- "Man and Woman in Christ: Theological Ethics After the Egalitarian Revolution," Restoration Quarterly, (Fall 2001) 129-146.