Meet the Faculty
Jeffrey L. Jasperse
Professor of Sports Medicine
Division: Natural Science Division
Office: Rockwell Academic Center (RAC) 198
Phone: (310) 506-4949
- Ph.D., Physiology, University of Missouri
- MS, Exercise and Sport Sciences, University of Arizona
- BA, Physical Education, Calvin College
- Human Anatomy
- Principles of Human Physiology
- Physiology of Exercise
- Introduction to Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Introductory Statistics
- American Physiological Society
- American College of Sports Medicine
- American Scientific Affiliation
- Mechanisms involved in regulation of skeletal muscle blood flow
- Gray, E.J., M.R. Carter, and J.L. Jasperse. Pressure dependence of reactive and agonist-induced dilation. FASEB J. 25:1108.9, 2011.
- Carter, M.R., E.J. Gray, H.D. Lee, and J.L. Jasperse. Potassium channel role in EDHF-induced dilation of soleus feed arteries from sedentary and short-term exercise trained rats. FASEB J. 25:1108.15, 2011.
- Clifford, P.S., J.L. Jasperse, and J.K. Shoemaker. Limb position affects magnitude of reactive hyperemia. FASEB J. 24:804.12, 2010.
- Lee , J.Y., H.D. Lee, and J.L. Jasperse. Endothelial and smooth muscle adaptations to short term exercise training in rat soleus feed arteries. FASEB J. 22(4):LB6, 2008.
- Clifford, P.S. and J.L. Jasperse. Feedforward vasodilation at the onset of exercise. Journal of Physiology 583(3):811, 2007.
- Clifford, P.S., H.A. Kluess, J.J. Hamann, J.B. Buckwalter, and J.L. Jasperse. Mechanical compression elicits vasodilatation in skeletal muscle vasculature. Journal of Physiology 572(2):561-567, 2006. (This article was highlighted in the "Highlights from the Literature" section of Physiology 21(3):159, 2006).
- Jasperse, J.L. and M.H. Laughlin. Exercise training and endothelial function in animals. Med. Sci. Sports Exer. 38(3):445-454, 2006.
- Jasperse, J.L. and M.H. Laughlin. Exercise and Skeletal Muscle Circulation. In Microvascular Research: Biology and Pathology, Chapter 85, P. 553-564. Ed. By D. Shepro, Elsevier Academic Press, New York, 2006.