Meet the Faculty
Associate Professor of Accounting
Division: Business Administration Division
Office: Center for Communication and Business (CCB) 312
Phone: (310) 506-4539
- Ph.D., Georgia State University, 1981
- M.B.A., Georgia State University, 1972
- B.S., David Lipscomb University, 1972
- Financial accounting
- Managerial accounting
- Accounting theory
- Accounting Education
- 1992-1997 Recognized as Harriet and Charles Luckman Distinguished Teaching Fellow
- 1978 Academic Research Fellow For American Accounting Association in Dillon Colorado
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Institute of Management Accountants (ICMA)
- Golden Key National Honor Society
- American Accounting Association (AAA)
- Research emphasis is in external reporting, investment use of accounting information, and accounting education.
- Southern Properties: A Case for Managerial Accounting -.H.V. Young Inc. Publisher, First Edition, August 1998.
- Learning Methodology for International Accounting Education, Douglas Cloud Co-Author, Tenth Asian-Pacific Conference on International Accounting Issues, Maui, Hawaii, October 1998.
- A Good Case for the User Perspective, Published in the Proceedings of the Midwest Accounting Society annual meeting in Chicago, March 1997.
- From Chalk to the Chip: Changing Methodologies, Presented at Academy of Business Administration National Conference in Cancun, Mexico, April 1997.
- Can Internal Marketing Affect the Real/Perceived Images of Accountants?: Lessons from a Re-Evaluation of International and American Students' Perceptions of an Accountant's Image, Global Business Trends Conference, Acapulco, Mexico, December 1997.
- Managerial Uses of Stock Dividends and Stock Splits, Presented at Annual Meeting of American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences, Las Vegas, February 1998.