Meet the Faculty
Cindy L. Miller-Perrin
Professor of Psychology
Frank R. Seaver Chair in Social Science
Division: Social Science Division
Office: Appleby Center (APC) 201C
Phone: (310) 506-4027
Fax: (310) 506-7271
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Washington, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, 1991, 1992
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Washington State University, 1991
- M.S., Clinical Psychology, Washington State University, 1987
- B.A., Psychology, Pepperdine University, 1983, Magna Cum Laude
- Positive Psychology
- Child Clinical Psychology
- Foundations of Psychology
- Advanced Research Seminar
- Pro Humanitate Literary Award (2007)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
- Association for Psychological Science
- Christian Association for Psychological Studies
- International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Western Psychological Association
- Child-clinical psychology, child maltreatment and family violence, faith and spiritual development
- Perrin, R. D., & Miller-Perrin, C. (in press). Interpersonal Violence as Social Construction: The Potentially Undermining Role of Claims-Making and Advocacy Statistics. Journal of Interpersonal Violence
- Barnett, O., Miller-Perrin, C.L., & Perrin, R.D. (2011). Family violence across the lifespan (3rd Edition). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications
- • Miller-Perrin, C., & Thompson, D. (2010). The Development f Vocational Calling, Identity, and Faith in College Students: A Preliminary Study of the Impact of Study Abroad.Frontiers, XIX, 87-103.
- Kaiser, N.C., & Miller-Perrin, C.L. (2009). Examining the relationship between parental psychological aggression, parental neglect, and substance abuse in young adults. Journal of Integrated Social Sciences, 1(1), 97-119.
- Byron, K., & Miller-Perrin, C. (2009). The value of life purpose: Purpose as a mediatory of faith and well-being. Journal of Positive Psychology, 4(1), 64-70.
- Miller-Perrin, C.L., Perrin, R.D., & Kocur, J.L. (2009). Parental Physical and Psychological Aggression: Psychological Symptoms in Young Adults. International Journal of Child Abuse and Neglect, 33, 1-11.
- Thompson, D. & Miller-Perrin, C. (2008). Vocational discernment and action: An exploratory study of male and female university professors. Review of Religious Research, 50(1), 97-119.
- Miller-Perrin, C.L., & Perrin, R.D. (2007). Child maltreatment: An introduction (2nd Edition). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Miller-Perrin, C.L., & Mallory, L.C. (2007). Curriculum Guide for Instruction in Child Maltreatment. Office of Teaching Resources in Psychology Online. Posted July 3, 2007 at
- Chaffin, M., Hanson, R., Saunders, B., Nichols, T., Barnett, D., Zeanah, C., Berliner, L., Egeland, B., Wolfe, D., Newman, E., Lyon, T., LeTourneau, E., & Miller-Perrin, C.L., Perrin, R.D., & Miller, J.L. (2006). Report of the APSAC Task Force on Attachment Therapy, Reactive Attachment Disorder, and Attachment Problems. Child Maltreatment, 11, 76-89.