Meet the Faculty
Steven V. "Steve" Rouse
Professor of Psychology
Chair of the Social Sciences Division
Division: Social Science Division
Office: Appleby Center (APC) 201c
Phone: (310) 506-7959
Fax: (310) 506-7271
- Ph.D., Personality Research, University of Minnesota, 1997
- M.S., Counseling/Clinical Psychology, Abilene Christian University, 1992
- B.S., Psychology, Abilene Christian University, 1988, Magna Cum Laude
- Introduction to Psychology (PSYC 200)
- Psychological Testing and Assessment (PSYC 315)
- Personality (PSYC 321)
- Psychology and Religion (PSYC 452)
- Frank R. Seaver Professor in Social Sciences (2005/2006 to 2009/2010).
- Howard A. White Award for Teaching Excellence (2007)
- Seaver Fellow in Psychology (2001/2002). Pepperdine
- Seaver Fellow in Psychology (1999/2000). Pepperdine
- Clinical personality assessment
- Positive psychology
- Spirituality-based conceptualizations of self-worth
- Rouse, S. V., Greene, R. L., Butcher, J. N., Nichols, D. S., & Williams, C. L. (2008). What do the MMPI-2 Restructured Clinical Scales reliably measure? Answers from multiple research settings. Journal of Personality Assessment, 90, 435 - 442.
- Rouse, S. V. (2007). Using Reliability Generalization methods to explore measurement error: An illustration using the MMPI-2 PSY-5 scales. Journal of Personality Assessment, 88, 264 - 275.
- Rouse, S. V., & Haas, H. A. (2003). Exploring the accuracies and inaccuracies of personality perception following internet-mediated communication. Journal of Research in Personality, 37, 446-467.
- Rouse, S. V., Finger, M. S., & Butcher, J. N. (1999). Advances in clinical personality measurement: An Item Response Theory analysis of the MMPI-2 Psy-5 scales. Journal of Personality Assessment, 72, 282-307.
- Rouse, S. V., Butcher, J. N., & Miller, K. B. (1999). Assessment of substance abuse in psychotherapy clients: The effectiveness of the MMPI-2 substance abuse scales. Psychological Assessment, 11, 101-107.