Meet the Faculty
Scott A. Miller
Assistant Professor of Finance
- Ph.D., Walton College of Business, University of Arkansas, 2009
- M.S.B.A., Drake University, Des Moines, IA, 2005
- B.A., Missouri Southern State University, Joplin, MO, 2003
- International Finance
- Financial Management
- Financial Derivatives
- Howard A. White Award for Excellence in Teaching
- Outstanding Research Award, The Institute for Business and Finance Research
- Best in Session Award, Global Conference on Business and Finance
- Seaver Fellow, Business Administration Division, Pepperdine University
- Semifinalist Best Paper Award, Financial Management Association (FMA) Conference, New York, NY
- Private Research Grant, Equipment Leasing & Financing Foundation
- Seaver College Dean's Research Grant, Pepperdine University
- Seaver College AYURI Research Grant, Pepperdine University
- Excellence in Teaching Award, Walton College of Business
- Doctoral Academy Fellowship, University of Arkansas
- "Black Swans before the Black Swan: Evidence from International LIBOR-OIS Spreads" with E. Olson and M. Wohar, 2012, Journal of International Money and Finance. Vol. 31(6): 1339-1357.
- "The Effects of Bank Capital Constraints on Post-Acquisition Performance" with C. Brune and K. Lee, 2012, Journal of Economics and Finance. Forthcoming.
- "The Performance of Equipment Lease-Backed Securities During the Financial Crisis" with L. Goukasian, 2012, Journal of Equipment Lease Financing. Vol. 30(1): 1-8
- "Securitization Performance vs. Other Asset Classes" with L. Goukasian, 2011, Equipment Leasing and Finance Foundation (ELFF)
- "The Effects of Investor Bias and Gender on Portfolio Performance and Risk" with K. Lee, N. Velasquez and C. Wann, 2013, International Journal of Business and Finance Research. Vol. 7(1).
- "The Impact of a Secondary Market on Video Game Purchase Intentions" with H. Newman and N. Velasquez, 2012, Review of Business Information Systems. Vol. 16(3): 103-112.
- "Charter Value, Tobin's Q and Risk during the Subprime Financial Crisis" with T. Yeager and J. Jones, 2011, Journal of Economics and Business. Vol. 63 (5) 372-391.