Meet the Faculty
Loan Pham Kim
Division: Natural Science Division
Office: Rockwell Academic Center (RAC) 109
- Ph.D., Public Health, University of California, Los Angeles, 2011
- R.D., Dietetic Internship, University of California, San Francisco Medical Center, 1997
- M.S., Nutritional Science, San Jose State University, 1996
- B.S., Clinical Dietetics, University of California, Berkeley, 1994
- Community Nutrition
- Research Methods and Statistics
- Dean's Outstanding Student Award, UCLA, 2011
- American Heart Association Pre-Doctoral Research Fellowship, 2009-2011
- American Public Health Association
- Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics
- American Society for Nutrition
- Childhood Obesity
- Health disparities among low-income immigrant communities
- Influence of perception and acculturation on dietary behaviors
- Chaparro, M.P., Langellier, B., Kim, L.P., & Whaley, S. E. (2011). Predictors of accurate maternal perception of their preschool child's weight status among Hispanic WIC participants. Obesity. Published on-line (doi:10.1038/oby.2011.105).
- Kim, L.P., G.G. Harrison, and M. Kagawa-Singer (2007). Perceptions of diet and physical activity among California Hmong adults and youths. Prev Chronic Dis, 4(4): p. A93.
- Harrison, G., Kagawa-Singer, M., Foerster, S., Lee, H., Kim, L.P., Nguyen, T., Fernandez-Ami, A., Quinn, V., Bal, D. (2005). Seizing the Moment: California's opportunity to prevent nutrition-related health disparities in low-income Asian-American populations. Cancer, 104(12 Suppl): 2962-8.
- Ikeda, J., Pham, L., Nguyen, K. (2002). Culturally relevant nutrition education improves dietary quality among WIC-eligible Vietnamese immigrants. J Nutr Educ and Behav, 34: 151-158.