Meet the Faculty
Visiting Assistant Professor of Social Work
Director of Social Work
Division: Social Science Division
Office: Appleby Center (APC) 232
Phone: (310) 506-7483
Fax: (310) 506-7271
- Ph.D., Child Development, The Florida State University, 1984
- MSSW Clinical Specialty, University of Tennessee, Memphis, 1979
- BA Psychology, Pepperdine University, 1976
- Introduction to Social Work
- Social Welfare Policy and Analysis
- Social Work Internship
- Developmental Psychology
- Interpersonal Relationships and Communication
- Certified Family Life Educator
- Licensed Clinical Social Worker, California, LCS 11434
- Marriage Education
- Relationship Skills for College Students
- Teaching PREP in a University Setting: Using Fighting for Your Marriage as a College Course. Dennis Lowe, Emily Scott-Lowe and Howard Markman, June 2003.
- June, 2007. "Presenting Marriage Education as a Couple" (with Dennis Lowe). Smart Marriages National Conference. Dallas, TX.
- October, 2006. "Bringing out the Best in Your Marriage," keynote address (with Dennis Lowe), and "Presenting as a Couple." National Conference of Catholic Engaged Encounter. Houston, TX.
- March, 2006. Three presentations on relationships (Chapel, marriage retreat, evening lecture). Abilene Christian University Centennial Celebration. Abilene, TX.