Meet the Faculty
Cindy L. Miller-Perrin
Distinguished Professor of Psychology
Division: Social Science Division
Office: Appleby Center (APC) 249
Phone: (310) 506-4027
Fax: (310) 506-7271
- Postdoctoral Fellow, University of Washington, Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, 1991, 1992
- Ph.D., Clinical Psychology, Washington State University, 1991
- M.S., Clinical Psychology, Washington State University, 1987
- B.A., Psychology, Pepperdine University, 1983, Magna Cum Laude
- Positive Psychology
- Child Clinical Psychology
- Introduction to Psychology
- Advanced Research Seminar
- American Psychological Association Fellow (2013)
- Howard A. White Teaching Excellence Award (2008)
- Pro Humanitate Literary Award (2007)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
- Association for Psychological Science
- Christian Association for Psychological Studies
- International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect
- Western Psychological Association
- Child-clinical psychology, child maltreatment and family violence, faith and spiritual development
- Miller-Perrin, C.L., & Krumrei, E. (2015). Why Faith Matters: A Positive Psychology Perspective. Dordrecht: Springer.
- Miller-Perrin, C., & Wurtele, S. K. (2015). Sex trafficking and the commercial sexual exploitation of children. Women and Therapy.
- Wurtele, S. K., & Miller-Perrin, C. (2014). Preventing technology-initiated sexual victimization of youth: A developmental perspective. In M. C. Kenny (Ed.), Sex education: Attitude of adolescents, cultural differences and schools' challenges (pp. 147-175). New York: Nova.
- Matsuda, W. T., Rouse, S. V., & Miller-Perrin, C. L. (2014). Validation of the Attitudes Regarding Bisexuality Scale: Correlations with ratings of a positive media image of bisexual men and women. Journal of Bisexuality, 14, 265-276.
- Kissee, J. L., Miller-Perrin, C. L., & Isaacson, L. J. (2014). An analysis of child maltreatment content in introductory psychology textbooks. Journal of Aggression, Maltreatment, and Trauma, 23(3), 215-228, DOI: 10.1080/10926771.2014.878891
- Miller-Perrin, C., & Thompson, D. (2014). Outcomes of global education: External and internal change associated with study abroad. In A. Highum (Ed.), Undergraduate global education: Issues for faculty, staff, and students (pp. 77-89). New York: Jossey-Bass.
- Miller-Perrin, C.L., & Perrin, R.D. (2013). Child maltreatment: An introduction (3rd Edition). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
- Miller-Perrin, C. L. & Portwood, S. G. (2013). Child maltreatment prevention. In A. M. Culp (Ed.), Child and family advocacy: Bridging the gaps among research, practice and policy (pp. 51-71). New York, NY: Springer.
- Wurtele, S. K., & Miller-Perrin, C. L. (2012). Global efforts to prevent sexual exploitation of minors. In H. Dubowitz (Ed.), ISPCAN's world perspectives (pp. 82-88). Colorado: International Society for Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect.
- Perrin, R. D., & Miller-Perrin, C. (2011). Interpersonal violence as social construction: The potentially undermining role of claims-making and advocacy statistics. Journal of Interpersonal Violence, 26, 3033-3049.
- Barnett, O., Miller-Perrin, C.L., & Perrin, R.D. (2011). Family violence across the lifespan (3rd Edition). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications
- Miller-Perrin, C., & Thompson, D. (2010). The Development of Vocational Calling, Identity, and Faith in College Students: A Preliminary Study of the Impact of Study Abroad. Frontiers, XIX, 87-103.
- Byron, K., & Miller-Perrin, C. (2009). The value of life purpose: Purpose as a mediatory of faith and well-being. Journal of Positive Psychology, 4(1), 64-70.
- Miller-Perrin, C.L., Perrin, R.D., & Kocur, J.L. (2009). Parental Physical and Psychological Aggression: Psychological Symptoms in Young Adults. International Journal of Child Abuse and Neglect, 33, 1-11.
- Thompson, D. & Miller-Perrin, C. (2008). Vocational discernment and action: An exploratory study of male and female university professors. Review of Religious Research, 50(1), 97-119.
- Chaffin, M., Hanson, R., Saunders, B., Nichols, T., Barnett, D., Zeanah, C., Berliner, L., Egeland, B., Wolfe, D., Newman, E., Lyon, T., LeTourneau, E., & Miller-Perrin, C.L., Perrin, R.D., & Miller, J.L. (2006). Report of the APSAC Task Force on Attachment Therapy, Reactive Attachment Disorder, and Attachment Problems. Child Maltreatment, 11, 76-89.