Meet the Faculty
Associate Professor of Hispanic Studies
Divisional Dean, International Studies and Languages Division
- Ph.D., Spanish, University of Virginia, 2006
- M.A., Spanish, University of Virginia, 2002
- B.A., Spanish, Pepperdine University, 1999
- Luis Buñuel
- Spanish cinema
- Spanish literature, 19th C to present
- Regarding the Pain of Others: The Art of Realism in Icíar Bollaín's Te doy mis ojos. Studies in Hispanic Cinemas (forthcoming)
- España 1936: A 'Buñueloni' Documentary. Letras Peninsulares (forthcoming, Fall-Winter 2009)
- When Victim Meets Voyeur: An Aesthetic of Confrontation in Hispanic Social Issue Cinema. Hispanic Research Journal 9.3 (June 2008): 261-275
- Entomology as Anthropology in the Films of Luis Buñuel. Screen 48.4 (winter 2007): 425-42.
- Buñuel, Eisenstein and the Montage of Attractions: An Approach to Film in Theory and Practice. Bulletin of Spanish Studies 83.8 (2006): 1113-1132.
- Ángel Ganivet, Gothic Art and the British Socialist Movement. Revista Hispánica Moderna 58.1-2 (2005): 61-79.