Meet the Faculty
Lisa Smith, Ph.D.
Visiting Assistant Professor of English
- Ph.D. in English, University of Delaware, 1999
- M.A. in English, University of Delaware, 1992
- B.A. in English and Psychology, University of Delaware, 1989
- Early American Women Writers
- Early American Literature
- English Composition I
- Brett J. Love Award for Teaching Excellence
- Society of Early Americanists
- Modern Language Association
- "Distinguishing Marks of a Work of the Spirit of God." A Jonathan Edwards Encyclopedia. Gen. Ed. Harry S. Stout. New Haven, CT: Yale University Press, forthcoming.
- The First Great Awakening in Colonial American Newspapers: A Shifting Story. Lanham, MD: Roman & Littlefield's Lexington Books, 2012.
- "Engaging the Non-Major with Early American Literature." Society of Early Americanists Panel on Teaching Early American Literature, American Literature Association Conference, May 2016.