Meet the Faculty
N. Lincoln Hanks, DM
Professor of MusicCoordinator of Music
- D.M., Composition, Indiana University School of Music, 2000
- M.M., Composition, Indiana University School of Music, 1995
- B.A., Applied Music - Piano, David Lipscomb University, 1991
- Music Theory
- Aural Skills
- Introduction to Music Technology
- Music Composition
- Music Fundamentals
- Blanche E. Seaver Professor of Fine Arts
- College Music Society - Pacific Southwest Chapter, Vice President
- Seaver Faculty Association President-Elect
- The Ascending Voice, Co-Director
- Early Music
- New Concert Music
- Scoring for Silent Film
- Monstre sacre (solo piano, 2011)
- Hark My Soul (SATB choir, 2012)
- Heal Us Emmanuel (SATB choir, 2015)
- Overcrank (chamber orchestra, 2013)
- Syncopations (orchestra, 2014)
- Folksongs Dale (mezzo-soprano and piano, 2014)
- Leonore (bass-baritone and piano, 2014)
- Monstre sacre (solo piano) - performed by Paul Barnes 6/18/15, Konservatorium, Vienna, Austria.
- Overcrank (chamber orchestra) - performed 4/12/14 by The Pickford Ensemble, Amphitheater, Pepperdine University.
- Syncopations (orchestra) - performed 7/25/15 by The Tennessee Governor School of the Arts Orchestra, Middle Tennessee State University.
- New Generations: The New Piano Etudes: The New Etudes of Philip Glass and Music of the Next Generation (Orange Mountain Music), Paul Barnes, piano - upcoming recording release, featuring Hanks' Monstre sacre.