Meet the Faculty
Visiting Assistant Professor of English
- Ph.D. English, University of California at Santa Barbara
- M.A. English, University of California at Santa Barbara
- B.A. English, Lipscomb University
- English Composition
- First-Year Seminar: Inventing Modern Childhood
- Western Heritage III
- Brett J. Love Award for Teaching Excellence, Pepperdine University, 2014
- Modern Lanuage Association
- Pearl Butler Evans Award in Graduate Writing, 2006 and 2005
- UCSB Interdisciplinary Humanities Center Pre-doctoral Fellowship, 2004
- UCSB Affiliates Graduate Dissertation Fellowship, 2003
- American Literature from 1865
- Kate Chopin
- Representations of Motherhood
- The Southern Grotesque
- U.S. Race and Ethnicity Studies
- Women's Studies
- "Now, Virginia" (short story), published in Literary Mama, September 2010.
- "The Case against Whiteness in William Wells Brown's Clotel," published in Mississippi Quarterly, Summer-Fall 2009.
- "Edna Pontellier, Adèle Ratignolle, and the Unnamed Nurse: a Triptych of Maternity in The Awakening," published in Southern Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal of the South, Fall/Winter 2006.
- Review. Nancy Culpepper. Bobbie Ann Mason (New York: Random House, 2006). Yemassee, Fall 2006.