Meet the Faculty
Julia Norgaard, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor of Economics
- Ph.D., George Mason University, 2017, Mercatus Center Ph.D. Fellowship 2016-2017
Julia Norgaard received her Ph.D. from George Mason University where she was a Ph.D. fellow at the Mercatus Center and a graduate lecturer. In 2015, she received her master's degree in economics from George Mason University in Fairfax, Virginia. Dr. Norgaard received her B.A. in economics with a minor in mathematics from the University of San Diego in 2012. Her interests include applied microeconomics and political economy as well as law and economics and development. She has passion for both researching and teaching economics.
- Intermediate Microeconomics
- Recognition for Outstanding Teaching, 2015, 2016
- Applied microeconomics and political economy
- Economics and development
- Reputation in the Internet Black Market; An Empirical and Theoretical Analysis of the Deep Web, 2015