Meet the Faculty
Constance R. "Connie" James
Professor of Management
- Ph.D., University of California, Los Angeles
- M.B.A., University of Michigan
- B.A., University of Michigan
- Corporate Strategy
- Management Theory and Practice
- Honorary Teacher of the Year, Seaver College
- Pepperdine Rotaract, Faculty Sponsor
- UCLA NAMIC Executive Education
- Academy of Management
- Strategic Management Society
- Academy of Management BPS Finalist and Best Dissertation
- ORSA/TIMS Finalist and Best Dissertation
- Project 88 Fellowship, UCLA
- Management Fellowship, UCLA
- Exxon Fellowship, University of Michigan
- RESEARCH INTEREST: Coordination, control and integrating mechanisms of firms; dynamic capabilities and resources; and knowledge and organizational learning.
- SPECIAL INTERESTS: learning organizations and organizational design
- TEACHING INTEREST: Corporate strategy, business policy, organizational theory, and management.
- DISSERTATION: Unbundling Corporate and Business Unit Effects: A Control and Value Creating Capabilities Framework.
- Designing Learning Organizations. Organizational Dynamics, Volume 32, No. 1, p. 46-61, 2003.
- Increasing the Firm's Strategic IQ: Dynamic Versus Static Strategic Planning. The Graziadio Business Report. Volume 6 (2): 2003.