Meet the Faculty
Associate Professor of Political Science
- Ph.D., Political Science, Duke University, 2003
- M.A., Political Science, Duke University, 2000
- B.A., American Studies, Michigan State University, 1997
- American People and Politics
- The Legislative Process
- Media and Politics
- The Presidency
- Faith and Reason (first year seminar)
- Frank R. Seaver Professor of Political Science, 2011-present
- Best Paper by an Emerging Scholar delivered at the 2008 Midwest Political Science Association Meeting (with John Griffin)
- Seaver Endowed Fellow, Pepperdine University, 2005-2006, 2008-2009.
- Seaver College Dean's Research Grant, Pepperdine University, 2008.
- Nominee, Presidency Research Group best paper, 2002 APSA meeting. "Americans' Approval of Bill Clinton: Changing Criteria in Changing Contexts"
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Link to Brian Newman's SelectedWorks Page